Reed

Photography by Rick Minick
Rick is interested in what you think. Please leave a comment. There will be a drawing at the end of the month for your favorite picture.

~Angi
AngiMorgan.com
Join me at GetLostInAStory.blogspot.com to meet your favorite authors.
Dangerous Memories & Protecting Their Child coming in 2013
Hill Country Holdup & .38 Caliber Cover-Up
Harlequin Intrigues, available on-line

About Angi Morgan

Angi writes Intrigues where honor and danger collide with love. Find her on Facebook, Twitter and her website: AngiMorgan.com
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Reed

1. Angi Morgan says:

I love the muted green colors behind the detail in this shot. Going to hang it on my wall this fall.
    ~Angi

2. It’s a wonderful photo. I wais I could take pictures like that.

3. Rick Minick says:

Yes I like the background blur and then the detail of the seed head that is why it is one of my portfolio candidates and favorites šŸ™‚

4. Ellen says:

I have to admit I like blurred backgrounds with a single object in the foreground. I’m not very good at taking that type of picture even though I try.

5. Rick Minick says:

@Ellen it has to do with your aperture settings. The larger the aperture (lower number like 2.8, 3.2, etc), and you will be able to use a faster shutter setting to stop the motion (if there is any) of the object that you are photographing, the more blurred your background will be. When you shoot with a smaller aperture setting (higher numbers) and then you will have to use a slower shutter speed and this will then bring your background more in focus but you might have to use a tripod to keep the camera still due to the slower shutter speed. For me shooting macro shots I usually don’t have the time (flowers moving with the wind and such, butterfly’s and bee’s moving, etc..) to use a slower shutter speed, so I usually have a faster aperture (2.8, 3.2) and faster shutter speed to catch the shot. If the setting is such that the subject is perfectly still then I can go with a deeper shot and a slower shutter speed. But it really is up to the situation that I am in šŸ™‚

6. Kaelee says:

Lovely, lovely photo.

7. Brenda Rumsey says:

Love the focus on one single reed then the blurred background.